Field Service Technician
Come join our growing team! We have an excellent opportunity for a full-time Field Service Technician to install, troubleshoot and service industrial machinery in our customer facilities. We're looking for a dedicated employee with 2 or more years of experience in the installation and repair of industrial machinery with strong mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic knowledge.
Our Field Service Technicians are home based and travel directly to our customer locations. Your success is important to us, that’s why we offer an extensive hands on training program to all our Field Service Technicians. Frequent overnight travel is required, but most weekends are at home. If you are a customer oriented individual that enjoys working outside of a typical office environment then this is the career for you.
Field Service Technician Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of duties during new product installations including start up, functional testing, and customer training.
- Service and repair existing machines at customer facilities.
- Troubleshoot equipment related issues both in person and over the phone.
Field Service Technician Required Qualifications:
- Two (2) year Technical Associates Degree (Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics) or the equivalent combination of technical school training, military, or industrial experience required.
- Ability to travel overnight extensively Monday through Friday. Some weekends required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate and interact with others and communicate technical concepts.
- Strong computer skills required with emphasis on networking and software support.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and pneumatic prints.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel domestically on a regular basis (Up to 100%) with the ability to obtain a valid passport for occasional international travel.
- This position has limited supervision so being a self-starter with excellent time management skills is a must.
- Possess strong analytical, troubleshooting and project management skills with a demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing customers' needs and expectations.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Frequent walking/standing/kneeling is required.
- Able to frequently ride in airplane and car without hesitation.
- Background, MVR and pre-employment drug screen required.
Field Service Technician Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior woodworking machinery maintenance or operator experience.
- Basic PLC or programming knowledge.
- Computer or network certification for small business networks.